Import control of industrial products: flexibility measures end on December 31, 2020
The Ministry of Industry, Trade and Green and Digital Economy informs importers of industrial products concerned by the control in the countries of export that from 1st January 2021, they will no longer be allowed to carry out this control at the Moroccan border posts.
This flexibility given to importers,to submit regulated products without Certificates of Conformity at Moroccan border posts,therefore ends on 31stDecember 2020.
This flexibility had been granted to importers from June 19, 2020, following the expiration of the transition period to the new import control system, due to constraints related to Covid–19.
Thus,and in accordance with the new import control system, economic operators will have to carry out the conformity assessment of industrial products subject to normative import control by carrying out checks at the border posts of the Kingdom for the following products only:
Products subject to Destination Inspection
- Tires, batteries, brake linings, glazing, filter elements, mechanical control cable for automobile spare parts
- Ceramic tiles, cement, waterproofing sheets, sanitary products, plumbing fixtures plastic pipes and reinforcing bar for construction products
- Wooden panels, wire rod
- Gas heaters and gas water heaters
- Articles of clothing other than work clothes
- Chargers for mobile phones and circuit breakers
- Blankets, rugs, carpets and upholstery
- Baby diapers
For the rest of the industrial products regulated, the control will be carried out in the countries of export. Cargoes shipped without a Certificate of Conformity to Morocco before January 1, 2021may be subject to control upon arrival at Moroccan border posts.