For any imported products to Saudi Arabia, you should have an electronic saber certificate to release your product at Saudi customs, this registration process is carried out from the saber platform.
The saber registration process is usually started by the supplier from his saber account, it is not a hard or easy process, but you should take care of each detail because any mistake might lead to shipment rejection at Saudi customs or delay in clearance of goods.
Ask our team for saber registration service info(at)export2gulf.com
For product registration at saber, you shall complete your technical file that includes:
- Importer saber account
- Product details / information
- HS code
- Test report “for regulated products registration”
- Factory Audit for Products regulated under Type 3
- Supplier Declaration for conformity (SDOC)
1. Create an account at saber system online
- Only Saudi organization with a Saudi CR. Were able to create an account, this account will allow your organization to:
- Register and add a new product with its details
- Submit a request for PCOC for the regulated products
- Issue the self-declaration for the non-regulated products
- Issue a shipment certificate of conformity
2. Product details/information
- Name of products in English / Arabic
- Description of product in English / Arabic
- List of all models related to a product
- A clear photo for label and packing
- Name of manufacturer
- Address of manufacture
- Purpose of use
- Country of origin
- Country of shipping
3. HS code
It is a 12-digit code required for registration and to classify goods to be known globally, you can check selected HS code from the Saudi Custom portal or via saber system. our expert team would be happy to support you to find the convenient HS code for your goods.
4. Test report
- for correct registration, all regulated products shall have a test report from an approved laboratory against ISO 17025, the test shall be conducted based on the Saudi technical regulations, Saudi standard, or its equivalent international standard.
- Before accepting any test report, the laboratory scope of accreditation should be revised to assure that it covers the required standards.
5. Factory Audit
For all regulated products that regulate under type 3 conformity assessment, the manufacturer shall be subject to a factory audit by the certification body to evaluate the manufacturing processes.
6. Supplier Declaration for conformity (SDOC)
- It is a declaration written by the supplier (importer) to confirm that the product stated in this declaration conforms with Saudi technical regulations and relevant SASO Saudi standard specifications, and mentions the importer details, items details, and the responsible person and his contact.
- The declaration should be printed on supplier (importer) company letterhead, stamped, and signed.
An exemption from Saber
If you are importing goods for personal or non-commercial use they will be exempted from saber registration and in this case, you will only need to issue an exemption certificate.