The saudi organization for standardization metrology and quality is one of the most important national bodies which aims to achieve the regional leadership in the fields of conformity assesment and standardization and raise the level of products quality to enhance consumer protection, raise the competitiveness of the Saudi product and the national economy overall and spread the culture of quality, SASO is responsible for developing and adopting Saudi standard for products, goods, and services, and calibration, And measurement.
The General Directorate of Certification at SASO is responsible for issuing a range of marks, certificates and cards that show that imported and locally manufactured products are matched to standards and technical regulations.
Saudi Quality Mark
A Mark which approved by The saudi organization for standardization metrology and quality SASO and indicates the conformity of goods and products to the saudi standards and technical regulations, SASO grants the permission to use the Saudi quality mark for local and foreign facilities in accordance with the requirements mentioned in the technical regulations of the quality mark, The companies obtains a written permit for using the quality mark on licensed products.
The following products obligated to obtain the Saudi quality mark
- Gas Appliances and their Accessories
- Ceramic tiles
- Steel skewers
- Aluminium panels (clading)
- Cement types
- Iron flats (steel plates and sheets)
- Concrete ready mixed
- Plastic biodegradable aids
SASO give the licenses for using the energy efficiency label as follows:
- Granting licenses to use the energy efficiency label for electrical products, which include:
- Air conditioners up to 65,000 Btu/h
- Large-capacity air conditioners
- Refrigerators up to 1100 Liter (39 ctf) freezers up to 850 Liter (30 ctf)
- Washing machines up to 25 kg
- Lighting products Part 1
- Lighting Products Part II
- Water heaters
- Granting the licence for energy efficiency for electric motors.
- Granting licenses to use the fuel economy efficiency label for new light vehicles.
- Granting licenses to use the energy efficiency label for tires.
- Registration of accredited laboratories in the electronic energy efficiency and consumption program.
Certificate of Conformity
SASO issues a number of certificates of conformity in accordance with technical regulations and procedures covering this, and in order to obtain a certificate of conformity you shall follow the following steps:
- The application is submitted to SASO by registering at the Jeem1 certification site jeem1.saso.gov
- Download the application form for the certificate of conformity
- Fill out the request and fill out the supplier declaration of conformity.
- Apply through the website
- Attach all required files and reports
- Review of application by SASO
- Issuing the certificate
Types of conformity certificates issued by SASO
- Electric vehicle conformity certificate
- Certificate of conformity electrical vehicle accessories
- G Mark Gulf conformity Mark
- Front, Rear and Side Barriers for Trucks and Trailers conformity certificate
- Certificate matching oil tankers
- Certified trailers and semi-trailers
- Biodegradable plastic products certificate of conformity
- Electrical Motocycle certificate of conformity
- Product Type approval certificate of conformity
- A shipment certificate of conformity
- Production line / batch production certificate of conformity
Saudi Certificate of Conformity and SABRE
Saber’s electronic platform, aims to facilitate the issuance of the Saudi certificate of conformity electronically for products and goods, the certificates issued for imported products to ensure that they conform to technical regulations and standards, the Certification bodies approved by SASO are responsible for the evaluation of the technical files.
Granting recognitoon certificate SASO IECEE According to the International Certification Program (IECEE).
The General Directorate of saudi standars Authority is the Saudi national certification body and is authorized to issue certificates of recognition for the conformity assesment programs of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) and certificates of recognition apply to products that are included under the IECEE conformity assesment program for devices and components of electrical technology and renewable energy products in accordance with the IECRE conformity assesment program and products for equipment and devices for use in the explosive atmosphere in accordance with the IECEX conformity assesment program.
Some products that require SASO IECEE recognition certificate
- Electric water pumps only
- Mobile phones
- Car charger for mobile devices
- Electric cables
- For the rest of the list, please visit the SASO IECEE page
How to get a SASO certificate
If you are an importer or exporter and would like to receive one of SASO’s certificates, Export2Gulf has a highly skilled technical team and expertise familiar with the procedures and regulations of SASO Authority, We have extensive experience and extended relationships with accredited laboratories, For a technical and financial Quotation or request technical advice regarding your product, please contact the Export2Gulf team at info (@)export2gulf.com
Export to Gulf is an integrated service provider and we work as certified partners for our customers to access the markets.