What is SASO COC ?
Saudi Arabia considered as one of the leading countries that pays more attention to control and monitoring their markets to protect consumers in Saudi markets from getting a defected products that are not conforming to the standards and regulations, this also aim to protect local manufacturers from illegal competition.
Previously Saudi Arabia required SASO certificate of conformity “CoC” for each consignments to access the Saudi markets, and it was called SASO CoC , it was issued by accredited notified bodies know as “Certification body” that will be responsible to issue the conformity certificate.
The notified bodies was responsible for selecting sample from each shipment and verify its conformity against the specific saudi standards, Site visit was required for only limited products that require Quality mark, recently and after launching SALEEM program, SABER replaced SASO COC .
For product registration at SABER & SASO COC Call Export2Gulf technical team on (00447440964215) / (0021060780808) or E-mail ask(at)export2gulf.com
SASO COC & SALEEM Program
In 2018, Saudi Product Safety Program which called “SALEEM” has been launched, the aims from this program are to ensure that all imported products to Saudi Arabia market are complying with Saudi standards and technical regulations which has been developed and published.
According to SALEEM program Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization issue a set of technical regulations like “detergents, textile, building material, paints, degradable plastic …etc, and all products applicable to these regulations called regulated products to get the full list of technical regulation please follow this link. SALEEM now is replacing the old conformity assessment program.
According to formal announcement, all SASO certificate of conformity will be issued online via SABER, it is an online platform that helps importers and manufacturers to get the required conformity certificate for products and shipment for regulated and non regulated products, the platform are able to classify products risk level according to their product category and HS Code.
Product certificate of conformity SASO COC
- PCoC is for regulated products
- Importer start his request online via saber
- Register product with full information and determine HS Code
- Selection of the certification body for assessment and certification
- Submission of test report, QM certificate / Manual, risk assessment
- Submission of design, specifications, product photos …etc
- Site visit by the certification body
- Issue the PCoC certification for specific products
Shipment certificate of conformity
- SCoC is for all products regulated or non regulated
- For regulated products after issuance SASO certificate, for each shipment the importer need to issue shipment certificate to clear products in customs more quickly and easy
- For non regulated products, the importer will sign a self declaration form, then the shiopment certificate will be issued
How to issue SASO CoC
- Call Export2Gulf team to submit application.
- Application shall contain the following information:
- Product Name & models
- Description of products, technical data sheet, material safety data sheet MSDS
- Country of origin
- Country of shipping
- HS Code “if available”
- QMS ISO 9001 certificate “if available”
- Products test report “if available”
- Our technical department will conduct a clearance audit to analyze your products and determine any missing documents.
- Submit our technical quotation for issuance of product certificate of conformity from our contracted approved certification body.
- Issuance of shipment certificate.
SASO COC cost
SASO COC cost depend on different factors such as:
- Type, nature and number of products and it sub model under registration
- if these products were regulated or not to the saudi standards
- is the factory audit is required or not
Export2gulf offer a very competitive price for issuance of SASO certificate, just give us a call or submit your inquiry, then our technical and sales team will prepare a quotation with affordable price
SASO COC in brief
- All Type of certificates issued online via saber platform.
- it is mandatory for all regulated products exported to Saudi Arabia
- issued by an accredited Certification body
- PCoC will be valid for one year.
- SCoC will be issued for each shipment (for regulated and non regulated products) and it will be valid only for a specific shipment.
SASO COC providers in saudi Arabia
you should obtain SASO certificate from an authorized provider in saudi arabia, other wise your shipment will be stop at custom authority, if You didn’t need to waste your time in looking forwards for a certification bodies, Export2gulf has a wide network of contracted SASO certificate providers in saudi Arabia and worldwide, we will submit our competitive quotation for registration process, Just call us now (+44-7440-964215) / (+2-10-60780808) or send e-mail to ask(at)export2gulf.com, one of our technical team will be happy to assist you, we cover and serve our clients in these area and more:
- Europe (UK – Spain – Italy – France – Germany – Greece …etc)
- Asia (Saudi Arabia – UAE – china – japan – south Korea – Malaysia – India …etc)
- America (USA – Canada – Mexico – Argentina – Brazil …etc)
- Africa (Egypt – south Africa – Morocco – Algeria – Nigeria …etc)