Introduction about Type 1a & Type 3
- Before your request for saber registration , you should know some details about type approval and their classification Type 1a & Type 3
- Certification program could be explained as a certification system related to selected products, to which the same requirements, rules and procedures implemented.
- Certain certification programs may include preliminary test of the product and pre-license inspection or assessment of quality management systems at the production site, followed by surveillance including periodic testing or inspection of samples taken from production and / or the market.
- Other programs consist of a preliminary test and surveillance tests, and still others may include only product type testing, limited to testing the provided sample.
- There are 6 type of certification assessment program for products from Type 1 to Type 5, and type 6 for only certification purposes only for process certification.
- Below, there is presented the lists of conformity assessment activities that are to be performed in each certification program of a given type.
- You will notice that for all type of program, the product will be evaluated by Product testing bases on sampling to show its compliance with requirements.
- In programs with the surveillance and certification of compliance of a batch, in addition to the certificate of conformity, a document entitling to use a certified certification mark for the certified product is issued. Such a document is called a license.
- SASO COC is an example of certification issued for product conformity.
- For type 1a, the product sample will undergo identification activities. A certificate of conformity or any other statement of conformity (for example, a letter) is issued for the type of product, the characteristics of which are detailed in the certificate, or the document indicated in the certificate. Subsequent production items are not covered by the Certificate of Conformity issued by the certification body.
- The sample will represent the later production items that the producer can refer that it was manufactured according to the approved type.
- The sample are representative of subsequent production items which could be referred to by the manufacturer as being manufactured in accordance with the certified type.
- The CB will allow the manufacturer to use the certificate or other declaration of conformity (such as a formal letter) to declare that subsequent manufactured goods comply to the requirements.
Type 3 is known as type approval Based on Quality Assurance of Production Process In this assessment programs, there is a difference rather than other types 1a, before any decision to issue of the certificate, and site visit should be carried out to the factory and assess the production process. Production assessment, i.e., a factory audit before certification, is to assess the compliance with technical regulation requirements and other regulatory conditions to assure that the later production of products in the future is controlled and confirmed to by the products type test. In type 3, there is a continuous monitoring after certification. This covered by periodic market surveillance and sampling of products to carried out the required tests as well as periodic factory inspection, which known as routine audit. Product tests are implemented to assure if the manufactured products still comply with the technical regulation requirements. The goal of the routine audit is to assure that the production process was maintained and confirmed by a pre-licensing inspection.
When you will go to issue saber certificate you should know if your product applicable to Type 1a this only require a product testing & inspection. And if the product is applicable to type 3 this only requiring product testing, factory inspection & audit.