Saudi Arabia import requirements & customs regulation
Importers to Saudi Arabia are kindly forced to provide the coming files prior to import:
- A commercial business invoice.
- A bill of lading alternative is airway bill
- A certificate of origin (unnecessary in case the nation of origin was clearly established)
- a steamship (or airline) company certificate
- insurance documents (if products insured by the exporter)
- packing list
The importer is forced to provide all of the required files based on the character of the imported items, for example:
- Obtaining an IECEE certificate for goods that call for that certificate.
- Registration of goods with the concerned people if needed.
To determine whether you will find problems particular to each and every item, you’re kindly requested to look for the item which you’re wanting to import and check that conditions apply with the assistance of the Customs Tariff or perhaps by consulting your customs broker.
Importers are also forced to finish (Fasah) clearing procedures by presenting the required papers and completing the customs declaration form at least forty-eight hours before the arrival of the shipment at the port of entry.
They’ve the opportunity to provide the information directly or perhaps with the assistance of a customs broker as soon as the required papers are actually readily available, within forty-eight hours before the arrival of the shipment through (Fasah) platform currently available on the next site:
http://www.fasah.sa that enables the importer to observe the shipment in Customs and before its arrival as soon as the customs declaration form is actually finished, and also get instant notifications.
Saudi Arabia Customs department DUTIES
Based on Royal Decree No. M/13 on date 10/5/1408 H., – 12/30/1987, and to the Saudi Council of Ministers order No. eighty six date by 10/5/1408 H. (12/19/87) the following duties’ rates have been in effect after 13/5/1408 H. (January two, 1988):
The majority of the standard consumer items are duty free, corn, barley, cardamom, unroasted coffee, tea, rice, sugar, e.g. , meat and livestock (frozen or fresh).
Customs duties of twenty % are actually imposed on some imported commodities for the goal of saving the national infant industries.
Import duty on products that are some other is actually twelve % ad valorem on the c.i.f. (cost, insurance, and freight) value.
A small amount of products are actually subject to customs duties calculated on the foundation of metric weight or maybe capacity, rather compared to ad valorem. Nevertheless, the fees for these products are pretty small.
Members of the Arab League that are signatories in order to the Agreement to Facilitate Exchange and Trade as well as to Organize Transit between the Arab League States are actually given unique concessions.
Royal Decree No. M/56 dated 19/10/1407 H., corresponding to June fifteen, 1987, has approved the international Brussels agreement of fourteen June 1983 on the Harmonized Coding System and commodity Description (HS). Based on the Minister of Finance and national Economy Order No. 3/1805 dated 19/10/1410 H., corresponding to May fourteen, 1990, the Kingdom has been applying the Harmonized System after 15/6/1411 H., corresponding to 1/1/1991. For details, contact Customs Department
Saudi Arabia has been applying the Harmonized Coding System and commodity Description (H.S.) after 1991.
Imports from the Arab states with what Saudi Arabia has bilateral trade agreements are actually permitted to additional reductions of duty.
Description of Shipping Documents
Commercial Business Invoice:
All commercial invoices should be on the exporting company’s letterhead. The invoice ought to have the names as well as addresses of the consignee and the consignor, and should accurately describe components and goods (including the six digit Harmonized System number), trademarks, title of the vessel (or maybe the particular date and airline) of sailing, port of loading and port of discharge, net and gross weight, quantity, unit cost and then extended cost of every kind of goods, total worth of the shipment, contents of every package deal and container, currency, L/C number (if applicable) and insurance and freight.
As of May eighteen, 1996, Saudi customs authorities have emphasized that commercial invoices issued by exporters must contain an exact description the products currently being exported to the Kingdom. It must include:
- line, number, and size of exported item
- model number
- manufacturer’s complete name
- just about any additional info beneficial in identifying the exported equipment
For other exported products:
- complete material description such as percentage, weight, size, and type of its components if possible
- complete name(s) of producer(s) or perhaps manufacturer(s)
- just about any additional info pertaining to the kind of the exported item
Commercial invoices must have a notarized statement, signed by a responsible official of the exporting firm, saying: “I certify this invoice to be correct and true and in accordance with the publications of ours, also that the commodities referred to are actually of ****** origin.”
Certificate of Origin: The certificate of origin needs to be given by the producer (or the exporting firm), as well as should have the title of the vessel (the particular date and airline) of sailing, nationality(ies), name(s), and complete street address(es) of the manufacturer(s) of all the things to be delivered to Saudi Arabia. In addition, the origin of every product or perhaps part needs to be specified. Additionally, a signed declaration to the outcome that the document is genuine and correct ought to be provided. When the merchandise isn’t exclusively and exclusively a solution of the exporting country, a notarized “Appended Declaration to Certificate of Origin” must be connected to the certificate of origin.
Additionally, the certificate of origin has to have the title and address of the Saudi importer, a description of the goods, and the address of the delivery business.
The Bill of Lading (or maybe Airway bill): One nonnegotiable copy of the bill of lading is usually to be provided to a Saudi Arabian Consulate. The bill of lading ought to agree with the business invoice and show description, value, net and gross weight of shipped goods, measurement and volume, marks, selection of packages, address and name of the consignee (Saudi importer) and consignor, name and address of shipping company and/or shipping agent, title of date and vessel of sailing, port of loading and port of discharge. Numbers and marks must agree with all those on the invoice and containers.
This certificate (which is actually an Appended Declaration to Bill of Lading or maybe airway bill) must be given by the steamship (or maybe airlines) organization in more than one original. It should be notarized and also possess the following info about the vessel (or maybe plane), named in the Bill of Lading or maybe the airline business certificate:
- name of vessel (plane), and last name (if applicable)
- nationality of vessel (plane)
- owner of vessel (plane) names of ports (airports) that the vessel (plane) will call on en route to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, which includes port (airport) of loading and port (airport) of discharge.
Additionally, the steamship (airlines) company certificate must declare that the vessel (plane) shan’t anchor or perhaps call on another ports (airports) than those mentioned in it, and that all info offered in the certificate is actually correct and true. The regular type of “Appended Declaration to the Bill of Lading” (or maybe airway bill) can be purchased from the Saudi Consulates.
This certificate (issued by an insurance company in more than one original) must contain the real quantity of insurance, value and description of insured goods, title of vessel, port of loading and Saudi port of discharge, and address and name of beneficiary. Additionally, the “Appended Declaration to Insurance Policy” (available from the Saudi Consulates) must state that the insurance business has a duly qualified as well as appointed representative or agent in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, giving the title of his and complete address.
When the shipment is actually insured by an insurance company in Saudi Arabia, the exporter, on the letterhead of theirs, must point out the title and address of that organization.
It includes addresses and names of consignee and consignor, worth and description of the exported goods, total weight and net, selection of packages and the contents of theirs, number of contents and pots, amounts of seals, and L/C number (if applicable).
Based on the dynamics of exported goods to Saudi Arabia, or perhaps based on a request from the Saudi importer, certain files can also be needed. Special certificates or perhaps documents too have to be authenticated based on the process for authentication of shipping documents described above.
Food Products Export Documents:
Requirements for labeling food and food items purchased in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia are actually based on the Saudi Arabian Standards Organization (SASO). Exporters of the items ought to comply (among many other SASO standards) with Mandatory Standards SSA 1/1984, whether for sample demonstration or even for business shipments, as well as should deliver the next certificates:
- Food Manufacturer’s Ingredients Certificate :Food Manufacturer’s Ingredients Certificate: This certificate must add a description of the exported food products (portion and contents of every ingredient), storage, microbiological standards, chemical data, and life of merchandise (date of date and manufacture of expiration). When products contain any animal fats, the certificate should verify the animal type from which it’s taken, or maybe suggest that no pork meat or maybe its artificial flavor nor its animal fat is now being utilized. That certificate has to be received from a community health department as well as should be signed.
- Consumer Protection Certificate: Consumer Protection Certificate: This certificate confirms the healthiness of the different substances of the exported food items to Saudi Arabia, and their fitness and security for human use. The certificate has to be received from an office of the Exporting country Department of Agriculture and should be signed.
- Price List: Price List: The cost list must be given by the exporter on the letterhead of his, and must indicate that the charges of the exported items to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia are actually the regular local store prices.
Importation of Meat
Besides the common delivery documents all meat shipments need to be accompanied by the following certificates:
- A certificate of “Halal” meat: This certificate shows that slaughtering has taken place in an officially licensed slaughterhouse based on Islamic procedures. The “Halal” meat certificate must be legalized by a recognized Islamic Center in the United States. It need to also accompany shipments of poultry into Saudi Arabia.
- An Official Health Certificate: This certificate must signify the particular date of slaughter, kind of average age and animal, in every shipment. The health certificate should also suggest that animals had been examined within 12 hours before being slaughtered, and immediately after, by a qualified veterinarian, and have been found totally free from illness and ideal for human use.
The Health Certificate is actually necessary for those exports to Saudi Arabia of all sorts of meats, (including seafood and chicken), meat solutions, livestock, veggies, fruits, and human blood, attesting to the point that they’re completely free from pests and/or disease.
Importation of Grains and seeds into Saudi Arabia
Besides the common shipping documents, the exporter of grains or seeds need to supply the following authenticated certificates:
- Certificate of Inspection: The certificate needs to be given by a business specializing in seed inspection, as well as include:
- Address and name of buyer
- Address and name of seller
- Amount and kind
- Seed class
- Name of shipping vessel
- Form of packing
- The written info on sacks, bags and even every package
- Results of percent and assessment of moisture, impurity, purity, and germination
Method of chemical process of the seeds Confirmation that the seeds are actually completely free from insects, epidemics, diseases and weed seeds (their species and number in a sample of 2 kilograms should be mentioned).
- Phytosanitary Certificate: Phytosanitary Certificate: The goal of this particular certificate is actually verifying that the seeds or maybe grains to be exported to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia are actually completely free from agricultural diseases. It may be received from the Exporting country Department of Agriculture. This certificate is actually necessary to accompany all shipments of plant material, plants, lumber, agricultural seeds, grains, rice, and flour .
- Seed Analysis Certificate: Seed Analysis Certificate: This certificate is actually proving the amount of purity of the seeds sent to Saudi Arabia. It’s given by the Exporting country Department of Agriculture.
- Certificate of Weight: Certificate of Weight: This certificate is actually given by the exporting business and suggests the name and address of the Saudi importer, title of the delivery vessel, selection of the bill of lading, number of packaging and seals, and full mass and web of shipment.
Animal Fodder Additive:
Besides the common shipping documents, the shipment must include:
- Certificate of Sale that is Free
- Product Registration Certificate
- Certificate of Analysis
- Product Safety Data Sheet
- Shipment of Livestock to the Kingdom
- Besides the common shipping documents, the shipment must include:
- Certificate of Weight, displaying the typical weight of the exported livestock
- Health Certificate, from the exporting country Department of Agriculture confirming that the livestock are actually completely free from disease
- Health Certificate, issued by a veterinarian
- Pedigree Certificate, issued by the exporting country Department of Agriculture
- Production records
- Declaration of Acceptance and Inspection
Certificates regarding the shipment of pets:
Health Certificate issued by a veterinarian as well as endorsed by the exporting country Department of Agriculture verifying that the creatures are actually completely free from diseases
Animal Vaccination Certificate
Only guard, backpacking, and seeing eye dogs are permitted into Saudi Arabia.
Importation of Horses Only Saudis are actually permitted to import horses into the Kingdom. The importer should submit an application to the President of the Saudi Equestrian Club indicating the amount of horses, exporting country, and traditions facility at the port of entry to the Kingdom. The software must be accompanied by the following documents:
A Certificate of Origin, given by the business raising and breeding the horses, with a color photograph of every horse affixed to it. The certificate has to be authorized by the exporting country Department of Agriculture, the exporting country Department of State, and endorsed by a Saudi Arabian Consulate.
A Health Certificate, verifying that the horses are actually completely free from diseases, authorized by a veterinarian and authenticated as above.
Vegetable and Fruit Health Certificate This certificate should accompany all shipments of fruits and veggies to the Kingdom certifying such exports are actually completely free from pests, bugs, and any other agricultural illnesses, and that they haven’t been subjected to ionizing radiation (but may be addressed with aluminum phosphide). This certificate may be received from the Exporting country Department of Agriculture.
SASO Certificates of Conformity for Imported Electrical Appliances, Equipment, and Accessories
You will find 2 kinds of certificates:
- Certificate of Conformity for electrical devices and equipment
- Certificate of Conformity for electrical accessories
The relevant certificate (the regular form can be purchased from the Saudi Consulate) have to be given by the producer on their official letterhead, notarized by a notary public, accredited by a regional chamber of commerce, and after that sent to the Saudi Arabian Standards Organization (SASO) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia at least 2 weeks before shipment date, to be confirmed. Upon approval, the certificate will be returned to the manufacturing business that should connect a stamped message with every shipment to Saudi Arabia of the specific commodity. These certificates are just necessary for electrical items governed by SASO. (See List of Products Regulated under ICCP.)
Importation of Motor Vehicles At least 3 weeks before dispatching the very first consignment of every sort of motor vehicles in each season, the producer should send to SASO a Motor Vehicles Conformity Certificate in Arabic or english for its endorsement. People should get this particular certificate from the producer before the shipment of every automobile for the private use of theirs in the Kingdom.
Importation of Pharmaceuticals and medicines
A Certificate of Sale that is Free should accompany all shipments of medicinal and pharmaceutical products to Saudi Arabia. It may be received from the Exporting country Department of Human and Health Services and really should be provided to a Saudi Arabian Consulate with various other papers.
Additionally, imports of drugs and medicinal products need a certificate issued by the Exporting country Department of Human and Health Services stating that the medications are in fact used by the general public in the Exporting state under exactly the same trade brand and formula and also should have the title of the date, the formula, and each product and selection of the permit to produce them if a person is actually needed. The certificate has to be accredited by the Authentication Office of the Department of State in Washington, D.C. and also be authenticated by a Saudi Arabian Consulate.
Pharmaceutical treatments or no medication are actually admitted into the Kingdom unless a previous registration is created with the Ministry of Health. The Ministry examines the applications supported by the necessary certificates legalized by a Saudi Consulate in the Exporting land, as well as analyzes the samples to make sure they comply with the specifications before giving a license. For additional info, contact the Ministry of Health, Department of Registration of Pharmaceuticals and medicines.
Some other Requirements
Imports of plants, poultry, live animals, seeds, vegetables, and fruits should have the previous endorsement of the proper Saudi Arabian authorities and should be accompanied by a phytosanitary/health certificate saying they’re completely free from other illnesses and pests. Almost all shipments of plant life will be inspected upon arrival in Saudi Arabia.
Based on Royal Decree No. 5/E/27748 dated 24/11/1402 H. the nation of origin needs to be pointed out on all items imported into Saudi Arabia, except when it’s unfeasible.
Suppliers and carpet companies must indicate in Arabic the thickness or maybe mass of every square meter, type, pile weight, and state of origin, to be used on every five meters along the carpet roll length. All carpet manufacturers, suppliers and distributors have to clearly show the captioned information on the sales invoice.
Shaving other articles and brushes made of raw hair must be accompanied by an established official certificate showing that the consignment is actually completely free from anthrax germs.
Importing used clothing involves an official disinfection certificate. These commodities are going to be subject to assessment by the Saudi Arabian quarantine officials.
Saudi law absolutely forbids the importation, use and sale of liquor, narcotics, and firearms. Arms for related sports arms and hunting require specific permission.
Books and publications are actually subject to endorsement and assessment by customs for entry. Particularly, pornographic substances and obscene literature aren’t permitted.
Medical drugs for individual use in numbers that are very small are allowed. Travelers must be prepared to clearly show the doctor’s prescription to determine the drug treatments and confirm that the medication is actually for individual use.
Non-commercial shipments of a bit less than 10,000 Saudi Riyals (aproximatelly $2,600) and automobiles imported into the Kingdom for individual use, no matter the worth of theirs, don’t involve complete shipping documents.
Commercial samples are actually subject to the transaction of surcharge and customs duty either by a deposit the same to the duty at the moment of import or perhaps by a bank guarantee. A refund is pronounced if the goods are re exported within twelve weeks. Just in case samples are available, neither deposit nor assurance is going to be refunded. Prior authorization to import samples need to be received from the Director General of Customs, Customs Department, who must be furnished with lists of samples, catalogues and prices. A non refundable duty of twelve % is actually levied for imports of samples of watches and jewelry. Authenticated shipping documents are needed for those shipments of commercial samples.
Arrangement of Shipping Documents
Shipping scanned documents have to be provided to the Saudi Arabian Consulate in the following order, stapled together:
- Business Invoice
- Certificate of Origin
- Insurance Certificate
- Bill of Lading (or airway bill)
- Steamship Certificate
- Packing List
- Specific Documents
The Export Information Sheet needs to accompany these documents but shouldn’t be stapled along with them.
COMMERCIAL LEGAL DOCUMENTS
Legal Documents include:
- Power of Attorney
- Agency Agreements
- Single Distributorship
- Trade Marks Registration
- Certificates of Sale that is Free
- Bid or perhaps Tender Documents
- Registration of Partnerships, Corporations, and Joint Ventures
All companies’ documents should be legalized as follows:
- Notarized by a Notary Public
- Accredited by the County Clerk of the respective county where the Notary Public is actually commissioned
- Legalized by a Saudi Consulate
SAUDI ARABIAN IMPORT STANDARDS
In November 1995, the Saudi Ministry of Commerce implemented the International Conformity Certification Program (ICCP), in coordination with the Saudi Arabian Standards Organization (SASO). SASO relies largely on international standards when issuing Saudi specifications, as well as SASO specification conformity is used to other items, both locally produced and imported, to offer the essential consumer protection. All of the approved SASO procedures, like the ICCP program, function within the guidelines of the International Standards Organization.
The SASO ICCP takes a Certificate of Conformity for each shipment of SASO regulated items destined for the Kingdom. Before a Certificate of Conformity can be given, every shipment must offer proof of conformity to SASO requirements. Shipments arriving without a Certificate of Conformity will be rejected at the Saudi port of entry. SASO has appointed Country Offices in locations throughout the community that conduct a conformity verification on each shipment before its leaving its port of export. Additionally, SASO has authorized Regional Licensing Centers to administer the registration procedure, carry out verification of conformity, and issue SASO Type Approval Licenses. In many instances, random sampling of the products and testing can also be needed by the SASO Country Office.
Recently SASO release SABER system to register all imported product according to the saudi technical regulation
The methods for acquiring a Certificate of Conformity are actually as follows:
The exporter submits a written request to the ideal SASO Country Office for tests and assessment of the programs requiring a Certificate of Conformity, together with full details of the consignment.
The Country Office completes the needed measures acceptable to the item to be able to fulfill SASO requirements. These actions are going to depend upon existing product certifications and whether the item is actually covered by a legitimate registration. When the items are actually registered, the Country Office is going to set up an inspection strategy that might or might not need items to be sampled for testing.
When the items aren’t registered, they’ll be sampled and tried based on SASO requirements. Assuming the testing and/or inspection produces satisfactory compliance benefits, a Certificate of Conformity is actually issued. The Certificate of Conformity should accompany the shipping documents.
In case the programs don’t meet up with the SASO requirements, the exporter will be offered a comprehensive explanation of the deficiency. If acceptable corrective action is not taken, no Certificate of Conformity will be given and the Ministry of Commerce, SASO representatives, and the importer will be suggested accordingly.
When the shipment comes at the Saudi Arabian port of entry, the Ministry of SASO and Commerce technical staff members will ask for the accompanying Certificate of Conformity. Each Certificate of Conformity will be examined for authenticity & matching details. After satisfactory checks, SASO is going to issue a letter of release.